- Early detection is the key to improved survival rates
This is why we do a full oral cancer screening every time we see our patients as part of their Dental Exam.
- Oral cancer incidence rates have risen by a third in the last decade in the UK. Sadly, the mortality rate has also risen by 10% in the last decade.
- Oral Cancer has an incidence in the population similar to Cervical Cancer except it kills more than twice as many, as it can affect men as well as women.
- 91% of oral cancer cases each year in the UK are linked to major lifestyle and other risk factors and as such are preventable!!
- A diet high in fruit and vegetables may protect against oral cancer; equally insufficient fruit and vegetable intake is linked to an estimated 56% of oral cancer cases in the UK.